TOWN OF GANDER
Information and Communications Coordinator (Term)
Competition # TOG2018-001
The Town of Gander is seeking candidates for the position of Information and Communications Coordinator. This is a full time six-month term position with the possibility of extension.
The Information and Communications Coordinator works closely with Council and members of the Senior Management team to develop support and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders of Town Council of Gander.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizing and coordinating public announcements, press conferences, presentations and interviews,
- Preparing internal communications, briefing and speaking notes,
- Drafting press releases, preparing information for media kits,
- Maintaining Town internet and intranet web pages,
- Establishing and maintaining social media pages and content (Facebook, Twitter etc.),
- Developing, editing and uploading content for social media and website messaging,
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of a communication strategy,
- Formulating policies and procedures related to public information programs,
- Developing and maintaining the municipal brand and identity including the use of logos and signage,
- Evaluating advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts,
- Writing, editing and producing content for high quality communications materials,
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local and municipal government officials and media representatives,
- Other tasks as assigned.
Considerable experience (3+ years) in public relations, marketing, journalism or related work, preferably in a municipal or similar public service sector environment; graduation from post-secondary degree or diploma program in journalism, communications or marketing supplemented with training or experience in graphic and multimedia design. An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in writing, communications planning and methods, social media content strategies and channels, and disseminating information via electronic media are required.
Salary: $26.51/hour, 35 hours/week Monday – Friday with evening and weekend work required from time to time.
Interested & qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & cover letter on or before
Monday, January 29th, 2018, to the attention of:
Town of Gander
100 Elizabeth Drive
Gander, NL, A1V 1G7
Please note: The Town of Gander appreciates all applicants for their interest, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.