Gander’s Steele Community Centre is the focal point for the entire community and indeed the entire central region. This modern facility has something for everyone; children , sports enthusiasts, athletes and fans, older adults and the young at heart, seniors.
Here are just a few of the features this beautiful facility has to offer:
- When it’s too cold or wet outside to walk at Cobb’s Pond or the Thomas Howe Demonstration Forest, enjoy the comfort of our 200 metre walking track. Spacious and fully equipped dressing rooms and most importantly, modern and clean washrooms complement the facility and make hosting tournaments and conferences a pleasure.
- Large parking lot allows for ample parking.
- The comfort of theatre style seating, in floor heating and a cafeteria that seats 120 people all add to a user friendly experience.
- Our concert and convention hosting ability is second to none thanks to our partnership and physical link to the Arts & Culture Centre.
- Location of the centre and the road links and walkways make the facility easily accessible from all areas of town.
For more information contact:
Director, Recreation & Community Services
Tel: 709-651-5927 | Fax: 709-256-4195