Property Taxes

Property taxes are a primary source of revenue for municipalities and are used to finance town programs and services including:

  • Family and community support services
  • Road construction and maintenance
  • Parks and leisure facilities
  • Police and fire protection
  • Snow removal
Current year tax rates and fees

2023 Tax Rates and Fees

How to pay
Pre-authorized debit

Complete this form and drop off or mail to the Town Hall.



Send an e-transfer to In the memo section, write your full name and the address of the property you are paying for.



Taxes may be paid by credit card via Plastiq, which will accept credit card payments on our behalf. Be advised that this third-party provider will charge a small fee for this service.


To pay by credit card for the first time, you must create a personal Plastiq account using a valid email address and a password of your choice. Once you have logged into the Plastiq home page, search for 'Gander' and select 'Property Tax'. You will need your tax account number, found on your tax invoice.



Pay in person with cash, cheque or debit at the Town Hall, 100 Elizabeth Drive, Gander, NL. Visit the Customer Service Desk for assistance.


Download the application for a reduction

Residential Tax Reductions Taxpayers are eligible for the following reduction in their annual residential property and water/sewer taxes provided that the Total Income into the household is less than that shown. Income is deemed to be income from all sources and includes basement apartment rental income, interest income and also includes the income of all owners:

ANNUAL INCOME                                          REDUCTION 

0.00 - $20,750                                                    50% 

$20,751 - $22,500                                               40% 

$22,501 - $24,500                                               20% 

$24,501 - $27,000                                               10% 

The annual income used to evaluate this reduction application will be the previous year's income.


 Contact us
 For questions and concerns, contact the Taxation Office at 651-5907 or e-mail

Contact Us